Open call is now closed. Thank you for your submissions.
Successful applicants will be listed on www.kalejdoskopeastwest.org.uk
Call For: Short film in response to
FUSION / COLLISION / TRANSLATION / ADAPTATION / TRANSITION
KALEJDOSKOP EAST-WEST is calling all artists, film-makers, creative practitioners and collectives of Western, Central, and Eastern European background to submit short videos responding to one (or more) of the following areas:
- Fusion / To make manifest of the cultural diversity of contemporary urban realities, and intervene in everyday life, work and social conditions, with contemporary arts.
- Collision / To provoke discussion, and be energised by the clash of ideas.
- Translation / Of the ordinary experiences of life of Eastern/Central Europeans living in Western Europe and vice versa.
- Adaptation / Illustrating different ways of adaptation through artistic practices – the use of arts as social intervention and as international relations.
- Transition / Of contributing to a new impetus for cultural democracy in the city, and defining roles for art in the city’s development – on its own terms.
KALEJDOSKOP EAST-WEST is interested in your own interpretation of the above, with input of your cultural identity and artistic practice. We want to open a platform for local artists and communities to experience different narratives. The open call aims to initiate a dialogue between east and west through visual means and social engagement.
DEADLINE: 30 June 2016
- You can submit: video art, digital art, animation, spoken word, interviews, monologue, manifest, documentation, abstraction, experiment, performance art and happenings.
- Non-English language works should have English subtitles at the time submitted if possible.
- Up to three video submissions per person.
- Films cannot exceed 5 minutes.
- No Entry Fee.
Selected films will be premiered at FROM EAST TO WEST WITH LOVE Exhibition, at Glass Box, Coventry, United Kingdom on 1st October 2016.
Download Rules and Regulations
Fill in and Submit Online Entry Form
Send videos to firstname.lastname@example.org via Dropbox or WeTransfer